Media & news

Home / Media / Industry News / Application and Prospect Analysis of Titanium Plate and Titanium Tube in Seawater Desalination Industry

Home / Media / Industry News / Application and Prospect Analysis of Titanium Plate and Titanium Tube in Seawater Desalination Industry

Application and Prospect Analysis of Titanium Plate and Titanium Tube in Seawater Desalination Industry

Update:2022-08-04
Abstract:Water is the source of life, and fresh water is an important resource for human survival and develop...
Water is the source of life, and fresh water is an important resource for human survival and development. About 70% of the earth's area is covered by water, of which 97.5% is seawater. Among the other 2.5% of freshwater, the available freshwater resources only account for 0.26% of the total water on the earth. At present, the problem of global water shortage is becoming more and more serious, and my country is a country with severe shortage of water resources. Water shortage is one of the major problems that restrict the sustainable development of my country's social economy. Seawater desalination is an effective method to open up new water sources, realize the sustainable utilization of water resources and solve the shortage of human water resources.
According to the development policy of the seawater desalination industry during the national "Twelfth Five-Year Plan" period, by 2015, my country's seawater desalination capacity will be improved by 3 to 4 times. The doubling of seawater desalination production capacity also means doubling of investment, that is, the country will increase investment in the desalination industry in the next few years. Therefore, my country's seawater desalination industry will usher in a period of rapid development.
Titanium plates and titanium welded pipes are important materials used in the seawater desalination industry. With the rapid development of the seawater desalination industry, my country's titanium industry will surely usher in new opportunities and development opportunities. The seawater desalination technology and the application of titanium and its alloys in the seawater desalination industry are summarized, and the prospect of the use of titanium and its alloys in the seawater desalination industry is analyzed.
Of course, the desalination industry, as a new market for titanium materials, has both opportunities and challenges. We believe that with the strong support of national policies, titanium and its alloys will be widely used in seawater desalination projects, which will greatly promote the development of new titanium markets.
We know that titanium and its alloys, known as "marine metals", have excellent corrosion resistance in seawater and are the most corrosion-resistant metal materials in natural water. Its corrosion resistance in seawater is 100 times that of stainless steel. , and low density, high strength, good heat resistance. Therefore, from the comprehensive consideration of material function, reliability, service life, maintenance, etc., titanium and its alloys are undoubtedly the most competitive materials for seawater desalination devices. The use of titanium in desalination plants includes heat exchangers, brine heaters, condensers, stills, evaporators, pumps, valves, piping, and the like.